What can I do?
There are ways you can help cut greenhouse gases and help stop global warming.
They are simple things, but can make a difference if everyone does them!
- Re-cycle glass bottles, jars, newspapers and magazines and tin cans. Save them and take them to local re-cycling centres.
- Re-use plastic shopping bags and envelopes, don’t get new one
- Put a brick in a plastic bag into your toilet cistern, then the toilet will use less water each time you flush. Don’t worry that’s plenty of water to get rid of…
- Use paper on both sides. Try and buy products that don’t use much packaging.
- Give unwanted gifts and clothes to a charity shop.
- Only fill the kettle up with the amount of water you need to boil that time.
- Don’t leave the TV or video on standby.
- If you drive to university in a car, take your mates along for the ride.
- Ask whoever does your washing to use the machine at 40 degrees, this helps conserve power.
- Switch lights off when you’re not in the room
- Get a solar mobile phone recharger
- Cycle to places!
- Have showers instead of baths
Which of these do you already do? Share your own ideas on how to stop global warming